School Counseling with VISION
Our goal as school counselors is to provide support, guidance and opportunities for students during high school years so they are prepared to become the next generation of parents, workers, leaders, and citizens.
Services for our Students
Academic Counseling – We help high school students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful students and good citizens. The services that we provide along with that of the teachers, staff and administrators of Nease High School encourage our students to demonstrate personal and academic growth. We provide students with the tools to make appropriate educational and career decisions.
Responsive Services – Counselors work as a team member with school staff, parents, and the community to create a caring, supportive atmosphere in which students can achieve academic success. Consultation with parents, teachers, other educators and referrals to other school/community resources help us address our students’ immediate and future needs.
How do our school counselors help you and your child?
- We help create a safe school environment where students can learn.
- We counsel students and families in their pathways to post-secondary colleges, universities and trade schools.
- We assist parents with referrals to outside agencies that provide family support.
- We work with students, parents and members of the school community on attendance issues, intervention plans, and academic planning.
- We provide support during personal crisis.
- We guide students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- We encourage life-long learning.
Click + below for each counselor's information.
Phone: 904-547-8321 Fax: 904-547-8328
For teacher conferences that involve just one teacher, please contact that teacher directly through email to set up a time that is convenient for both of you. For conferences that involve more than one teacher, please email or call your school counselor so they may set up a meeting. It is recommended that you contact your child’s teacher directly through email before scheduling a conference. Many questions and concerns can be resolved very easily through communication and don’t require a conference.