attendance Can Be UPLOADED from your Phone or computer!
Please use the links under “Attendance” on the Nease website to request for an early check out , report a full day or partial day absence, or to download and print the pre-arranged absence form. Remember to email documentation to [email protected]
If your child was marked absent and you believe this was done in error,please contact the teacher FIRST!
- The digital Full Day or Partial Day Absence form must be filled out online within 2 days of returning to NEASE for the absence to be excused. It may NOT be emailed.
- Filling out the Full Day or Partial Day Absence form does not guarantee an excused absence.
- Entries to absence forms will be pulled at 1pm each day. Please allow 48-72 hours for change to occur in HAC.
- You will be notified via School Messenger that your submission was either received.
- Only a parent or a legal guardian may fill out absence forms unless you are submitting a doctor’s note.
- Any absence over 15 days requires official documentation to be excused. (Medical notes OR statement from court)
- Only a physician’s office is authorized to fax a note for the student to be excused. The fax number is 904-547-8305 – Attention Nease HS Attendance Office.
- Phone calls, emails, or faxes from parents are not accepted.
- Please note that students are only allotted one day off for observance of religious holidays.
To learn more about what types of absences are excused, visit the SJCSD attendance website.
Early Check Out
- A PARENT or GUARDIAN must submit a digital Early Check Out form by 10am to the attendance office.
- Emails, phone calls, and faxes will not be accepted to check-out early.
- An Early Check Out form is also REQUIRED when a student needs to drive off campus during school hours.
- We will contact a parent/guardian before a student is allowed to drive off campus early. Please be available and include the best phone number to reach you on the form. Students will NOT be issued a pass without speaking to a parent or guardian.
- To excuse an early release absence, required documentation must be uploaded or turned in to the front office within 2 days of returning to NEASE.
- Parents may request pre-approval for a trip by printing and submitting the digital Pre-Approved Absence Form to the Attendance Clerk in the front office 5 days prior to the absence.
- This will be reviewed by Ms. Kunze and approved/disapproved based on SJCSD Attendance Policies.
Questions about attendance?
For more information, visit the St. Johns County Student Code of Conduct or the District’s attendance policies.
If you have questions about Attendance you can contact our Attendance office or by emailing Ms. Holly Smith at [email protected].
When arriving tardy to school, students will need to go to the Front Office to receive a tardy slip. We will continue to accept paper-based notes for tardies.
When presenting a doctor’s note or a parent note, please make sure the following is reflected on the note:
- Full Student Name
- Student ID #
- Date tardy
- Parent or Physician signature
*Note: If your student is tardy due to a medical appointment, a note from the physician is necessary for the tardy to be excused.
Examples of excused tardies:
- Physician’s appointment
- Court appearance
- Religious obligation
Examples of tardies that will not be excused:
- Driver’s license appointments
- Passport appointments
- Car trouble (flat tire, dead battery, etc.)
- Heavy traffic
- Inclement weather
- Missed bus