2020-2021 Student Parking Information
Parking Applications are no longer being accepted. Parking Applications closed on April 15, 2020.
May 1 Update: Students who were awarded parking tags were listed by Student ID Number in the May 1, 2020 Edition of the Panther Press. Panther Press- May 1, 2020
Parking is a privilege at Nease High School and parking tags will be assigned through a lottery system after specialty programs are given priority consideration by Administration. To retain a parking tag, we expect students to maintain above a 2.0 GPA, have good attendance and follow all school rules. Parking tags may be suspended or revoked, if a student violates the District’s Code of Conduct or the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations.
WHO WAS PERMITTED TO APPLY ON-LINE FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Your student must be a Junior or a Senior for the 2020-2021 school year to be considered through the online application.
- YOUR STUDENT MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE, VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE INSURANCE BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020. Failure to pick up your parking tag no later than September 16, 2020 will forfeit the parking tag and associated parking tag fees. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
WHAT ARE THE PARKING RULES FOR THE CAMPUS?
- Student drivers are required to understand the parking rules for our campus.
- Students not knowing the rules will not eliminate the consequences outlined in the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations. Please review these carefully with your student.
- The link to the Parking Rules and Regulations can be found at the top of this page.
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Parking applications are now closed.
- Parking applications were open from April 1-April 15, 2020.
- No late applications are being accepted.
- At this time, only the students who submitted their parking application by the April 15, 2020 deadline are on the parking waiting list.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW IF I WAS AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- Students who were awarded a parking tag were listed by student id number in the May 1, 2020 Panther Press.
- Those selected will have until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020 to pay the $100 parking tag fee or the awarded parking tag will be forfeited and given to a student on the waiting list.
- Due to COVID-19, all payments must be paid through SchoolPay and we will NOT be accepting cash or checks.
- A link to SchoolPay to pay the annual parking fee online can be found in the Panther Press for use by those who were awarded a parking tag. All payments are due by Friday, May 15th.
- The SchoolPay link may not be shared with others who were NOT awarded a parking tag. Anyone who pays via the SchoolPay link who was NOT awarded a parking tag will not be eligible for a refund.
- Parking tag pick up will begin the week of August 3rd. More details will be provided closer to this time.
- Parking tags are non-refundable and non-transferable. Parking tags are the property of Nease High School.
- If you move or withdraw from Nease High School, you or your student are required to return your parking tag to Mrs. Cioffi, Dean’s Office, C-Pod prior to your last day of school.
- If your student was awarded a parking tag and is sharing the parking tag with their sibling (who must be a Junior or Senior and meet the eligibility requirements for being a student driver) both student’s driver’s license, registration and insurance must be on file prior to driving on campus. Siblings who are sophomores or freshman are not eligible to share the parking tag. Violating this rule will forfeit your parking tag.
- Parking tags may not be shared with other students. Violating this rule will forfeit your parking tag.
- Your student must know the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations (link located at the top of this page) prior to driving on campus for the first time.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WAS NOT AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- We have very limited parking at Nease High School and not every student who applied was awarded a parking tag. Every student has a reason to drive but we simply don’t have enough parking space to accommodate the size of our student body.
- Students who did not receive a parking tag, but applied for a parking tag by the April 15, 2020 deadline, will be added to a waiting list in case a parking tag becomes available throughout the school year.
- You may watch the Panther Press for parking tags that will be auctioned by various on-campus groups (there are 27 auction spots) as a fundraiser to support their organization.
- When students selected their class schedules for the 2020-2021 school year, it was irrespective of receiving on-campus parking. We encourage your student to reach out to their peers with similar schedules to request rides if a parent/guardian is unavailable to assist during the school day with transportation.
- Staff is unaware of any off-campus parking options for your student. Local businesses have been known to tow unauthorized vehicles from their parking lots. Parking in unauthorized locations off-campus is at you own risk and not within the jurisdiction of Nease High School.
- Parking on-campus at Nease High School without a valid parking tag is subject to parking fines, booting, towing and/or other disciplinary measures.
We understand that every student who applied for a parking tag would like an opportunity to drive to campus. Unfortunately, the size of our student parking lot does not allow us to provide parking privileges to every student who wishes to drive as our student population exceeds our parking capacity. We appreciate your understanding as we attempt to accommodate as many students as space permits.
WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE PARKING QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED ABOVE?
- Please email Mrs. Cioffi with any questions NOT covered on this page or in the 2020-2021 Parking Rules at: Email Link for Mrs. Cioffi