2021-2022 Parking Information
A link will be posted here in the spring of 2021 to apply for student parking. The parking link will be advertised in the Panther Press, through Schoology and on our daily news program, Wired. General parking through this application will be open to students who will be JUNIORS or SENIORS for the 2021-2022 school year.
2020-2021 Student Parking Information
Parking Applications are no longer being accepted. No additional parking tags are available at this time for the 2020-2021 School Year.
PARKING TAG PICK UP
If your student is returning to Brick and Mortar Learning from distance learning OR still needs to pick up your parking tag, to be eligible to pick up a parking tag you must have completed the following steps:
- If a Distance Learner, notify Administration of your return to Brick and Mortar.
- Uploaded all of the Required Parking Documentation. If you previously submitted your student’s documentation and nothing has changed, you do NOT need to re-submit.
- Parking Documentation Link: Required Documentation Link
NOTE: All tags will be available for student pick up in C-Pod, Room 121. All paperwork must be submitted online prior to pick up. STUDENTS MAY NOT DRIVE ON CAMPUS UNTIL THE DAY AFTER TAGS HAVE BEEN PICKED UP. No exceptions.
At this time, no additional parking tags are available for the 2020-2021 school year. We have over 100 students on our current waiting list.
- Please note- due to Covid-19, paper copies will not be accepted. Emailed documentation will not be accepted. Everyone must use the Required Documentation Link above. No exceptions.
- Only Brick and Mortar students may pick up their parking tags at this time.
- Students who were assigned a parking tag but will begin the year Distance Learning will have their tag reserved for them until their return to school. All documentation will be required via the Documentation Link above prior to pick up. Student may NOT drive on campus until the day after they have been provided a parking tag.
- Students must be familiar with the parking rules prior to their first arrival day on campus. Please review the Parking Rules link with your student: Nease High School 2020-2021 Parking Rules
- At this time, no additional parking tags are available. Students who applied by our deadline are on our waiting list. If parking becomes available, students will be drawn lottery style from the remaining list.
- We are not adding any additional students to the waiting list at this time. If we open up the waiting list for additional students in the future, we will advertise in the Panther Press.
Parking is a privilege at Nease High School and parking tags will be assigned through a lottery system after specialty programs are given priority consideration by Administration. To retain a parking tag, we expect students to maintain above a 2.0 GPA, have good attendance and follow all school rules. Parking tags may be suspended or revoked, if a student violates the District’s Code of Conduct or the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations.
WHO WAS PERMITTED TO APPLY ON-LINE FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Your student must be a Junior or a Senior for the 2020-2021 school year to be considered through the online application.
- YOUR STUDENT MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE, VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND VEHICLE INSURANCE BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020. Failure to pick up your parking tag no later than September 16, 2020 will forfeit the parking tag and associated parking tag fees. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
WHAT ARE THE PARKING RULES FOR THE CAMPUS?
- Student drivers are required to understand the parking rules for our campus.
- Students not knowing the rules will not eliminate the consequences outlined in the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations. Please review these carefully with your student.
- The link to the Parking Rules and Regulations can be found at the top of this page.
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Parking applications are now closed.
- Parking applications were open from April 1-April 15, 2020.
- No late applications are being accepted.
- At this time, only the students who submitted their parking application by the April 15, 2020 deadline are on the parking waiting list.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW IF I WAS AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- Due to COVID-19, all payments must be paid through SchoolPay and we will NOT be accepting cash or checks.
- Due to COVID-19, no paper copies of documentation will be accepted. All required documentation must be submitted via the Required Documents Link at the top of the page.
- The SchoolPay link may not be shared with others who were NOT awarded a parking tag. Anyone who pays via the SchoolPay link who was NOT awarded a parking tag will not be eligible for a refund.
- Parking tags are non-refundable and non-transferable. Parking tags are the property of Nease High School.
- If you move or withdraw from Nease High School, you or your student are required to return your parking tag to Mrs. Cioffi, Dean’s Office, C-Pod prior to your last day of school.
- If your student was awarded a parking tag and is sharing the parking tag with their sibling (who must be a Junior or Senior and meet the eligibility requirements for being a student driver) both student’s driver’s license, registration and insurance must be on file prior to driving on campus. Siblings who are sophomores or freshman are not eligible to share the parking tag. Violating this rule will forfeit your parking tag.
- Parking tags may not be shared with other students. Violating this rule will forfeit your parking tag.
- Your student must know the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations (link located at the top of this page) prior to driving on campus for the first time.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WAS NOT AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- We have very limited parking at Nease High School and not every student who applied was awarded a parking tag. Every student has a reason to drive but we simply don’t have enough parking space to accommodate the size of our student body.
- Students who did not receive a parking tag, but applied for a parking tag by the April 15, 2020 deadline, will be added to a waiting list in case a parking tag becomes available throughout the school year.
- You may watch the Panther Press for parking tags that will be auctioned by various on-campus groups (there are 27 auction spots) as a fundraiser to support their organization.
- When students selected their class schedules for the 2020-2021 school year, it was irrespective of receiving on-campus parking. We encourage your student to reach out to their peers with similar schedules to request rides if a parent/guardian is unavailable to assist during the school day with transportation.
- Staff is unaware of any off-campus parking options for your student. Local businesses have been known to tow unauthorized vehicles from their parking lots. Parking in unauthorized locations off-campus is at you own risk and not within the jurisdiction of Nease High School.
- Parking on-campus at Nease High School without a valid parking tag is subject to parking fines, booting, towing and/or other disciplinary measures.
We understand that every student who applied for a parking tag would like an opportunity to drive to campus. Unfortunately, the size of our student parking lot does not allow us to provide parking privileges to every student who wishes to drive as our student population exceeds our parking capacity. We appreciate your understanding as we attempt to accommodate as many students as space permits.
WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE PARKING QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED ABOVE?
- Please email Mrs. Cioffi with any questions NOT covered on this page or in the 2020-2021 Parking Rules at: Email Link for Mrs. Cioffi