2022-2023 Student Parking Information
Parking Applications open March 21 – April 9, 2022
Parking is a privilege at Nease High School and parking tags will be assigned through a lottery system after specialty programs are given priority consideration by Administration. To retain a parking tag, we expect students to maintain above a 2.0 GPA, have good attendance and follow all school rules. Parking tags may be suspended or revoked, if a student violates the District’s Code of Conduct or the 2022-2023 Parking Rules and Regulations.
Both applications will close at 11:59pm on Sunday, April 9th, 2022.
A list of current juniors receiving a tag will be posted in the Panther Press on Friday, May 6th, 2022. If a current junior is awarded a parking tag, they must pay the parking fee by Friday, May 27th, 2022 or their spot will be forfeited. Sophomores applying will be notified over the summer through a Panther Press.
WHO CAN APPLY ON-LINE FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Your student must be a current sophomore or junior to be considered through the online application.
- YOUR STUDENT MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND VEHICLE INSURANCE BY OCTOBER 3RD, 2022. Failure to pick up your parking tag no later than October 3, 2022 will forfeit the parking tag and associated parking tag fees. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
WHAT ARE THE PARKING RULES FOR THE CAMPUS?
- Student drivers are required to understand the parking rules for our campus.
- Students not knowing the rules will not eliminate the consequences outlined in the 2022-2023 Parking Rules and Regulations. Please review these carefully with your student.
- 22-23 Parking Rules & Regulations
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A PARKING TAG?
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- The on-line parking application link will be live on March 21, 2022.
- All applications are due online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, 2022.
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
- Current Junior Link – for students who will be seniors in 22-23
- Current Sophomore Link – for students who will be juniors in 22-23
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I WAS AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- JUNIORS: Students will be notified through the Panther Press on Friday, May 6th, if they have been selected for a parking tag.
- JUNIORS: Those selected will have until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 27, 2022 to pay the $100 parking tag fee or the awarded parking tag will be forfeited and given to a student on the waiting list.
- SOPHOMORES: Will be notified in the Panther Press in the summer.
WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE PARKING QUESTIONS?
- Please email Mrs. Kunze with any questions not covered in this Panther Press at [email protected]
WHAT HAPPENS IF STUDENT WAS NOT AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- We have very limited parking at Nease High School and not every student who applies will be awarded a parking tag. Every student has a reason to drive but we simply don’t have enough parking space to accommodate the size of our student body.
- Students who did not receive a parking tag will be added to a waiting list in case a parking tag becomes available throughout the school year.
- You may watch the Panther Press for parking tags that will be auctioned by various on-campus groups (there are 27 auction spots) as a fundraiser to support their organization.
We understand that every student who applies would like an opportunity to drive to campus. Unfortunately, the size of our student parking lot does not allow us to provide parking privileges to every student who wishes to drive as our student population exceeds our parking capacity. When students selected their class schedules for the 2022-2023 school year, it was irrespective of receiving on-campus parking. We encourage your student to reach out to their peers with similar schedules to request rides if a parent/guardian is unavailable to assist during the school day with transportation. We appreciate your understanding as we attempt to accommodate as many students as space permits.