2020-2021 Student Parking Information
Parking Applications open April 1-April 15th, 2020
Parking is a privilege at Nease High School and parking tags will be assigned through a lottery system after specialty programs are given priority consideration by Administration. To retain a parking tag, we expect students to maintain above a 2.0 GPA, have good attendance and follow all school rules. Parking tags may be suspended or revoked, if a student violates the District’s Code of Conduct or the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations.
WHO CAN APPLY ON-LINE FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Your student must be a Junior or a Senior for the 2020-2021 school year to be considered through the online application.
- YOUR STUDENT MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND VEHICLE INSURANCE BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2020. Failure to pick up your parking tag no later than September 16, 2020 will forfeit the parking tag and associated parking tag fees. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
WHAT ARE THE PARKING RULES FOR THE CAMPUS?
- Student drivers are required to understand the parking rules for our campus.
- Students not knowing the rules will not eliminate the consequences outlined in the 2020-2021 Parking Rules and Regulations. Please review these carefully with your student.
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A PARKING TAG?
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- The on-line parking application link will be live on April 1, 2020.
- All applications are due online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, 2020. Priority will NOT be given to how early the form is submitted.
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I WAS AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- Students will be notified through the email address provided in this application on Friday, May 1, 2020 if they have been selected for a parking tag.
- Those selected will have until 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 15, 2020 to pay the $100 parking tag fee or the awarded parking tag will be forfeited and given to a student on the waiting list.
- A link to SchoolPay to pay the annual parking fee online will be emailed to those who have been granted a parking tag for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The SchoolPay link may not be shared with others who were NOT awarded a parking tag. Anyone who pays via the SchoolPay link who was NOT awarded a parking tag will not be eligible for a refund.
- Due to COVID-19, all payments must be paid through SchoolPay and we will NOT be accepting cash or checks.
WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE PARKING QUESTIONS?
- Please email Mrs. Cioffi with any questions not covered in this Panther Press at: Email Link for Mrs. Cioffi
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WAS NOT AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- We have very limited parking at Nease High School and not every student who applies will be awarded a parking tag. Every student has a reason to drive but we simply don’t have enough parking space to accommodate the size of our student body.
- Students who did not receive a parking tag will be added to a waiting list in case a parking tag becomes available throughout the school year.
- You may watch the Panther Press for parking tags that will be auctioned by various on-campus groups (there are 27 auction spots) as a fundraiser to support their organization.
We understand that every student who applies would like an opportunity to drive to campus. Unfortunately, the size of our student parking lot does not allow us to provide parking privileges to every student who wishes to drive as our student population exceeds our parking capacity. When students selected their class schedules for the 2020-2021 school year, it was irrespective of receiving on-campus parking. We encourage your student to reach out to their peers with similar schedules to request rides if a parent/guardian is unavailable to assist during the school day with transportation. We appreciate your understanding as we attempt to accommodate as many students as space permits.
2019-2020 Student Parking Information
2019-2020 Parking Information
Please be aware, parking on campus without authorization will incur consequences including, but not limited to, fines or loss of privileges.
Parking on private property near campus may result in a student vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense.
DESIGNATED PARKING AREAS
Juniors: Juniors who were issued parking tags are to park west of the yellow line in front of the clinic and gravel area in any open spot. Your parking tag must be displayed from your rear view mirror with number facing outward.
Seniors: Seniors who were issued parking tags are to park in the spaces forward of the yellow line in the parking lot closest to campus. You may NOT park in the Reserved Spaces numbered 1-47. Your parking tag must be displayed from your rear view mirror with number facing outward.
Reserved Parking: Spaces numbered 1-47 in the Senior Parking Area are Reserved. You must be assigned parking tags 1-47 to park and are required to park in your assigned numbered parking space. If someone is parked in your reserved space in error, please notify the Parking Attendant or Mrs. Cioffi in Room C-119 to address the parking infraction.
All parking fines should be cleared within 48 hours. Students with fines not cleared within 48 hours will lose their parking privileges until all fines are paid and will be booted. Each day beyond 48 hours will incur a $5 per day additional fee. If the ticket is not paid within 7 days, the student’s vehicle will be booted for an additional $50 charge. The student will incur a 9-week suspension of their parking privileges if fines are not paid within 7 days.
$25 Failure to display parking tag or register a temporary vehicle
$50 Failure to purchase a parking tag and parking on campus
$25 Parking in unauthorized areas in the student parking lot
$25 Parking in reserved spot not belonging to you
$25 Parking on the grass
$50 Boot removal fee
$25 Parking in the faculty/staff parking lot
$35 Replacement parking tag
ALL UNPAID FINES, EXCESSIVE TICKETS, AND/OR UNAUTHORIZED PARKING MAY RESULT IN A BOOT BEING PLACED ON THE STUDENT’S CAR AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED FOR ITS REMOVAL.
Suspensions or Revocation of Parking Passes:
- Students with excessive tardies and/or absences to their first period class in a quarter- 4 tardies (1 week); 5 tardies (2 weeks); 6 tardies (3 weeks)
- Students with 15 days of unexcused absences (permanently revoked)
- Students leaving campus without permission or taking another student off campus who does not have permission to leave (revoked for the quarter)
- Unlawful speed, talking/texting on your phone while operating vehicle or reckless driving on campus (revoked for 2 weeks)
- Level 4 disciplinary actions per the St. Johns County Student Code of Conduct (permanently revoked)
- Students identified as selling/giving or buying/accepting parking tags will have their parking privileges revoked for the remainder of the year
- Allowing another student to park in your spot or trading spaces with another student and not notifying the Principal or her designee of the change (revoked for 9 weeks)
- Excessive violation of school rules (i.e. skipping class; defiance/disrespect; inappropriate conduct, class disruptions)- (revoked for the quarter)
- Students who continue to park on campus without a parking tag or while their parking tag is revoked will have their vehicle booted and their parking privileges revoked for the remainder of the year
- If you share a parking tag with another student and one of the students loses the parking tag for any reason, the parking tag is suspended or revoked from both drivers.
If a student loses their parking privileges, the vehicle registered to that parking tag is not allowed on campus. Refunds will not be given to students who lose their parking privilege (suspended or revoked) for disciplinary reasons.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation in making Nease High School a safer place for all of our students.