2021-2022 Student Parking Information
Parking Applications open April 7-April 18, 2021
Parking is a privilege at Nease High School and parking tags will be assigned through a lottery system after specialty programs are given priority consideration by Administration. To retain a parking tag, we expect students to maintain above a 2.0 GPA, have good attendance and follow all school rules. Parking tags may be suspended or revoked, if a student violates the District’s Code of Conduct or the 2021-2022 Parking Rules and Regulations.
CHANGE THIS YEAR: There will be a Senior Application and a Junior Application.
Both applications will close at 11:59pm on Sunday, April 18th, 2021.
Senior Applicants will be notified on Monday, May 3, 2021 if they are awarded a parking tag. If a Senior is awarded a parking tag, they must pay the parking tag fee by Sunday, May 16, 2021 or their spot will be forfeited. Junior Applicants will be notified over the summer.
WHO CAN APPLY ON-LINE FOR A PARKING TAG?
- Your student must be a Junior or a Senior for the 2021-2022 school year to be considered through the online application.
- YOUR STUDENT MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND VEHICLE INSURANCE BY SEPTEMBER 15, 2021. Failure to pick up your parking tag no later than September 16, 2021 will forfeit the parking tag and associated parking tag fees. NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
WHAT ARE THE PARKING RULES FOR THE CAMPUS?
- Student drivers are required to understand the parking rules for our campus.
- Students not knowing the rules will not eliminate the consequences outlined in the 2021-2022 Parking Rules and Regulations. Please review these carefully with your student.
- 21-22 Parking Rules & Regulations
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR A PARKING TAG?
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
- The on-line parking application link will be live on April 7, 2021.
- All applications are due online no later than 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, April 18, 2021. Priority will NOT be given to when the form is submitted.
- NO EXCEPTIONS will be granted for this deadline!
- Senior Link – for students who will be seniors in 21-22
- Junior Link – for students who will be juniors in 21-22
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I WAS AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- SENIORS: Students will be notified through the email address provided in this application on Monday, May 3, 2021 if they have been selected for a parking tag.
- SENIORS: Those selected will have until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 16, 2021 to pay the $100 parking tag fee or the awarded parking tag will be forfeited and given to a student on the waiting list.
- JUNIORS: Will be notified in the Panther Press in the summer.
- A link to SchoolPay to pay the annual parking fee online will be emailed to those who have been granted a parking tag for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The SchoolPay link may not be shared with others who were NOT awarded a parking tag. Anyone who pays via the SchoolPay link who was NOT awarded a parking tag will not be eligible for a refund.
- Due to COVID-19, all payments must be paid through SchoolPay and we will NOT be accepting cash or checks.
WHO DO I REACH OUT TO IF I HAVE PARKING QUESTIONS?
- Please email Mrs. Kunze with any questions not covered in this Panther Press at [email protected]
WHAT HAPPENS IF STUDENT WAS NOT AWARDED A PARKING TAG?
- We have very limited parking at Nease High School and not every student who applies will be awarded a parking tag. Every student has a reason to drive but we simply don’t have enough parking space to accommodate the size of our student body. Next year, we will have 750+ seniors and almost 600 juniors with only 650 parking spaces.
- Students who did not receive a parking tag will be added to a waiting list in case a parking tag becomes available throughout the school year.
- You may watch the Panther Press for parking tags that will be auctioned by various on-campus groups (there are 27 auction spots) as a fundraiser to support their organization.
We understand that every student who applies would like an opportunity to drive to campus. Unfortunately, the size of our student parking lot does not allow us to provide parking privileges to every student who wishes to drive as our student population exceeds our parking capacity. When students selected their class schedules for the 2021-2022 school year, it was irrespective of receiving on-campus parking. We encourage your student to reach out to their peers with similar schedules to request rides if a parent/guardian is unavailable to assist during the school day with transportation. We appreciate your understanding as we attempt to accommodate as many students as space permits.