Welcome to Allen D. Nease High School
The mission of Allen D. Nease High School of Ponte Vedra, Florida, is to inspire all students to be globally-minded and socially responsible life-long learners by providing a rigorous and differentiated curriculum in a safe and nurturing environment.
Office hours are from 8:30 am - 4:45 pm, Monday – Friday
New Student Information
Call Guidance to schedule an appointment. The direct line is 904-547-8321. All students are required to fill out these forms when applying. We want to make sure a school counselor is available to meet with you, so please call for an appointment.
Parent Resources To Assist Students
The district has made Year-at-a-Glance Pacing Guides for all grade levels available for view or downloading. You can find them, as well as the Parent Resource Guide and Student Progression Plan, here.
You can find the District ELL Plan here.
View resources to help with the 8th grade to 9th grade transition here.
Use of Service Animals by Individuals with Disabilities information can be found here.
You can find the Nease 2018-2019 School Improvement Plan here.
You can find the Nease 2017-2018 SPAR report here.
Every year middle and high school students and parents are provided access to the Department of Economic Opportunity’s economic security report of employment and earning outcomes. The full 2017 Economic Security Report can be accessed through this link: http://www.beyondeducation.org/temp/ER_Report.pdf
- First Quarter Ends on October 30, 2020
- Teacher Planning Day – Student Holiday on November 3, 2020
- Veterans Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on November 11, 2020
- Report Cards Issued on November 18, 2020
- Thanksgiving Break – Student / Teacher Holiday on November 25, 2020
- Interims Issued on December 8, 2020
- Winter Break – Student / Teacher Holiday on December 21, 2020
- Classes Resume for Students on January 4, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on January 18, 2021
- Second Quarter Ends / First Semester Ends on January 25, 2021
- Teacher Planning Day – Student Holiday on January 29, 2021
- Report Cards Issued on February 12, 2021
- Presidents Day – Student / Teacher Holiday on February 15, 2021
- Interims Issued on March 3, 2021
- Spring Break – Student / Teacher Holiday on March 17, 2021
- Classes Resume for Students on March 22, 2021
- Holiday – Student / Teacher Holiday on April 2, 2021
- ELA Reading (Gr 3) and ELA Writing (Grades 4-10) on April 5, 2021
- Third Quarter Ends on April 8, 2021
- Teacher Planning Day – Student Holiday on April 9, 2021
School District News
2020-2021 Instructional Materials Adoption for English Language Arts (ELA)
The St. Johns County School District curriculum department formally announces the review process for the 2020-2021 Instructional Materials Adoption for English Language Arts (ELA). The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation have come from the state adoption bid list and other submitted resources from publishers when available. Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
Please visit the instructional materials website to view the resources that are being considered for adoption. If you would like access to any available printed materials or require assistance reviewing the online resources, please call the Instructional Resources and Media Services office at 904.547.3947. Materials are available for review from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a school committee and formally review the resources as a part of the school review team, please contact any school or our office at 904.547.3947.
ESE Parent Advisory Meetings
On November 10th from 6:00pm to 7:30pm, the ESE Parent Advisory will welcome Sandra Rebeor, Psy.D. M.S.H.S. for a virtual discussion titled "Stress Management for Parents and Caregivers of Students with Disabilities." Join the meeting online via Microsoft Teams or join via phone by dialing 1-904-420-0831 and then entering the conference ID: 95 587 77#
For the safety of the students and staff at Allen D. Nease High School, St. Johns County School District has a policy where all visitors must complete a volunteer online school access form which is good for three years. When doing so you are agreeing to a criminal background check and a sexual offender check. You are also agreeing to abide by the policies and procedures of the St. Johns County School Board and its facilities while volunteering. The process can take two – six weeks to process your form.
The following link will direct you to the online form. The form will take approximately 3 minutes to complete. School Access Form
Nease High School is a closed campus. Visitors to our campus are required to check in at the front office. When you arrive on campus you will be asked to present your I.D. The three forms of acceptable ID’s are a Drivers License, a State I.D. and a Passport.
FortifyFL is a website and app developed at the direction of the Florida Legislature. Any student, educator, parent or member of the public can report school safety concerns directly to law enforcement and school administrators anonymously and easily through the FortifyFL app or getfortifyfl.com.