NEASE HIGH SCHOOL CLINIC
Medical Management Plans for the 2020-2021 School Year
Note: The School must have new Medical Management Plan forms on file EACH school year.
Medications at School
Note: The School must have new medications forms on file EACH school year.
Please complete the appropriate medication form(s) (see links below) for your student to have medications at Nease High School.
- If your student requires prescription medication to be kept in the school clinic, this form must be completed and signed by the physician and the parent/guardian.
- Rx Medication Authorization Form
- (Note: ALL prescription medications must be kept in the clinic, with the exception of inhalers, EpiPen/Auvi-Q auto-injectors and emergency Glucagon.) Students found in possession of medications without the proper paperwork on file will be subject to disciplinary action as noted in the Student Code of Conduct.
Over the Counter Medication:
- Students may self-carry over-the-counter medications by submitting this completed form to the clinic and keeping a copy with them at all times.
- Self-Administration of Non-Prescription (OTC) Medication Form
- All OTC medications must be in the original packaging (NO loose pills). Student/parent may also choose to keep their OTC medication in the clinic.
A parent/guardian will be called whenever a student has a fever over 100 degrees, diarrhea or vomiting, significant pain, repeated complaints, or anything out of the ordinary.
Please remember that if students are sent home with a fever, they must be fever free for 24 hours before they return. This means that they should not return the next day. The 24 hour period begins from the time they no longer have a fever. If you are not sure if you should keep your child out of school due to illness, click here: ILLNESS GUIDELINES.
Please visit the Health Services page under Student Support Services under the Departments tab for current policies and information related to COVID-19 https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/health/
The St. Johns County School District will provide a weekly update on the number of students and employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 as well as the number of students and employees currently quarantined at home due to close contact to a case. View the COVID-19 Dashboard below https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/covid-19/
If your child has COVID symptoms, has tested positive, awaiting COVD test results, or has been in contact with someone who is positive please keep your child home and contact the school clinic for further guidance. For COVID-19, a close contact is defined as any individual who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset until the time the patient is isolated. For immediate concerns please contact the Florida Department of Health COVID-19 hotline.
The COVID-19 Call Center is available 24/7 | 1 (866) 779-6121 | [email protected]
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns, or with any updates regarding your child’s health status.
Samantha Kelly RN and Rachel Walker RN
Nease High School Clinic
Phone (904) 547-8326
Fax (904) 547-8305