Why has Nease ventured into the world of Hospitality and Tourism? Because it’s a growing, thriving global industry with solid roots in St. Johns County. Hospitality and Tourism creates thousands of jobs, generates tremendous amounts of money, and is continuing to grow in our backyard, and around the globe.
In the St. Johns County Academy of Hospitality & Tourism, students earn industry certifications in Microsoft Office and Servsafe, and have the opportunity to run their own hotel, restaurant, and sports arena through computer simulations. Field trip opportunities allow Academy students to see Hospitality and Tourism firsthand, by visiting local hotels and attractions to learn how they’re managed. Our business partners also offer summer internships to Academy students, so they can start building their Hospitality resume before they even graduate high school.
Nease is focused on your student’s future! Let’s prepare the next generation of Hospitality and Tourism professionals!
Course Progression Plan:
- 9th – Digital Information Technology
- 10th – Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- 11th – Technology for Hospitality & Tourism
- 12th – Travel & Tourism Marketing Management
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) – MICRO069
- Cert. Food Protection Manager – ServSafe (NRAEF003)