Our students are living in a very exciting time. Our goal as school counselors is to provide support, guidance and opportunities during their high school years so our students are prepared to become the next generation of parents, workers, leaders and citizens.
School counselors provide services to students, parents, school staff and the community in the following areas:
Academic Counseling - We help high schoolers gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful students and good citizens. The services that we provide along with that of the teachers, staff and administrators of Nease High School encourage our students to demonstrate personal and academic growth. We provide students with the tools to make appropriate educational and career decisions.
Responsive Services - Counselors work as a team member with school staff, parents, and the community to create a caring, supportive atmosphere in which students can achieve academic success. Consultation with parents, teachers, other educators and referrals to other school/community resources help us address our students' immediate and future needs.
- How do our school counselors help you and your child?
- We help create a safe school environment where students can learn.
- We assist parents with referrals to outside agencies.
- We work with students, parents and members of the school community on attendance issues, intervention plans, and academic planning.
- We provide support during personal crisis.
- Assisting students in learning how school performance relates to future opportunities.
- Encourage life-long learning.
Parent/Teacher conferences can be scheduled with the guidance secretary. The Nease High School counselors have an open door policy. Our students can see their counselor by self-referral, at the request of a counselor, administrator, teacher or other staff, referral by a friend or at the request of a parent.