Please use this page as your reference for Nease attendance policies, forms, and points of contact.
You can also refer to the St. Johns County Student Code of Conduct for the District’s attendance policies.
- Please contact the teacher. The teacher can correct an absence error within a 3-day window. If it past the window, the teacher can have Mrs. Aldana correct.
Brick & Mortar Students logging into conferences
- Brick & mortar students who are absent and log into a live conference will be marked ABSENT. It is great that students want to keep up with their work, but they are expected to be at school every day. A note will need to be submitted to excuse the absence.
- Quarantined students who log into live conferences will be marked PRESENT. Quarantined students who do not log into live conferences, will be marked ABSENT. A note will need to be submitted to excuse the absence.
- You do not need to call or email the school to notify us of an absence.
- This absence form must be submitted to the Attendance Office with 2 days of returning to NEASE for the absence to be excused. It may be dropped off at the attendance office or emailed to Mrs. Aldana at [email protected]
- Any absence over 15 days requires official documentation to be excused. (Medical notes, statement from court, letters from universities, etc.)
- Only a Physician’s office is authorized to fax a note for the student to be excused. The fax number is 904-547-8305 – Attention Nease HS Attendance Office.
- Phone calls or faxes from parents are not accepted.
Early Dismissal Procedures:
- Students must submit an early dismissal form by 10am to the attendance office. The student will be issued an early dismissal pass, so they can leave class at the appropriate time.
- Emails, phone calls, and faxes will not be accepted to check-out early.
- An early dismissal form is also REQUIRED when a student needs to drive off campus during school hours. We will contact a parent/guardian before a student is allowed to drive off campus early. Please be available and include the best phone number to reach you on the form
- An absence note for the early dismissal must be submitted to the Attendance Office within 2 days of returning to NEASE for the absence to be excused. It may be dropped off at the attendance office or emailed to Mrs. Aldana at [email protected]
- If a parent/guardian is picking up their child for early dismissal. Please note…
- We do not disrupt a classroom to call a student for early dismissal.
- Students will not be dismissed after 3:00 pm on Mon, Tue, Thu, or Fri.
- Students will not be dismissed after 1:00 pm on Wednesday.
- Parents may request pre-approval for a trip by submitting the Pre-Approved Absence Form to the attendance office 5 days prior to the absence.
Questions Regarding Attendance:
If you have questions about Attendance you can contact our Attendance office at 904-547-8324, or by emailing Ms. Aldana at [email protected]