Welcome to the NHS Summer Reading Page 2016
Happy Summer! Please use this page to access information regarding how to complete your summer reading assignment. We have included links to the summer reading flyers (according to what level of English you are scheduled for next year). Please read these flyers carefully.
We have also included links and tips that may be helpful for you when you are choosing your book this summer! Enjoy and happy reading!!
Summer Reading Flyers:
- Summer Reading APLit 2016-2017 (AP Literature Summer Reading)
- Summer Reading Gen Ed 2016-2017 (This form is for all other classes including AP Lang)
- All IB and Pre-IB students please go to the IB website for your assignments
Helpful Links for Reading:
- Good Read’s List of Top Young Adult Novels http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/44899.YA_Novels_of_2015\
- The College Board: 101 Top Recommended Books college_board_recommended_books (1)
- Teen Reads http://www.teenreads.com/teenreadscom-ultimate-reading-list
- Time Magazine Top Books of All Time http://entertainment.time.com/2005/10/16/all-time-100-novels/
- Buzzfeed’s “Books you didn’t read in high school but probably should” http://www.buzzfeed.com/spenceralthouse/23-books-you-didnt-read-in-high-school-but-actually-should#.wr7xWPMPR
- NPR 100 Best Teen Novels http://www.npr.org/2012/08/07/157795366/your-favorites-100-best-ever-teen-novels
- Florida Teen Reads 2016-2017: Florida Teen Reads 2016-2017
- Goodreads Popular Non-Fiction books for Teens: http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/teen-nonfiction