Dress Code for 2018-2019
Expectation: Students will take pride in their appearance and dress appropriately for school EVERY day.
Students may not wear…
- Shirts/dresses that are low cut revealing cleavage.
- Tube top or tube top w/arm cuffs. (Bralette under the tube top does not meet dress code. Shirt or dresses pulled off the shoulder are allowed, along with anything with a strap.)
- Shirts short enough to expose midriff.
- Shorts/dresses/skirts shorter than 4” above top of knee.
- Jeans with holes 4” above top of knee.
- Leggings with sheer panels or cut-outs 4” above the top of knee.
- Leggings that are sheer with shorts/dresses that are shorter than 4” above the top of knee. If leggings are worn with shorts/dresses shorter than 4”, leggings must be opaque – not see through.
- Sagging pants. All pants must be worn around the waist.
- Tank tops that have a large arm opening exposing chest, side or midriff.
- Clothing advertising alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Hats or hoodies inside any building.
- Two earbuds – one ONLY while outside and in cafeteria. NO earbuds in classrooms or auditorium.
Students who break the dress code will be provided a Nease t-shirt or shorts to wear, so they may attend class. T-shirt or shorts must be returned to receive personal clothing item(s) back. Earbuds will be taken and given back at the end of the day.
1st offense – warning
2nd offense – lunch detention
3rd offense – 3 lunch detentions
4th offense – 1 day of ISS (in-school suspension)
5th offense – 2 days of ISS or Saturday School
6th offense plus – OSS (out-of-school suspension)
Dress Code violations will be erased after 1st semester, so everyone starts over 2nd semester.