The Communications Academy at Nease allows students to explore the fields of television production and digital design. Through actual hands-on experience, students gain real-world skills as they prepare for college and careers.
- Produce Wired, a live, daily TV newscast using professional-grade equipment and technology
- Film high school athletic events and edit highlight reels
- Create the Senior Video
- Design and publish the nationally-recognized Impressions yearbook
- Create commercial art projects for print and electronic distribution using the Adobe Creative Suite of software. Students learn the use of these programs for digital bitmap and vector based images, animation and web page authoring.
- Create a professional portfolio
Our newly redesigned Wired
Our Academy is proud to have highly-qualified instructors who have career experience from the fields they teach. These teachers integrate their working knowledge of the industry into the classroom, giving students an excellent foundation for the future.
The cornerstone of career education is work-based learning and our Academy is fortunate to partner with First Coast News, PGA Tour Productions, CBS 47, and other leaders in the communications industry. These generous companies provide our program with industry guidance as well as opportunities for internships, job-shadowing, field trips, mentoring, guest speakers and other special events.
Our success depends on partnerships with local businesses along with community support. Please contact us for more information.